Retro Spins: Eurythmics - Touch



I've personally never found the Eurythmics to be a band of talent. Their most popular songs of all times are those which simply repeat the same three to five lines over and over and even then, they're not all that creative. However, what the talent lacked in lyrical mastery, they covered in their understanding and imbracement of synthesizers. I think it was this that put them on the map in the 80's. They didn't have the words, but they had the sound.

Touch, the group's 1983 entry, features the Top Forty hit, Here Comes The Rain Again, but in terms of anything else, I didn't find any quality here worth raving about. Again, the Eurythmics capture the sound of the 80's, but they simply fail to hook with catchy lyrics.

Who's That Girl was the only other track which caught my attention. Mainly because of the notes Lennox was hitting. They felt deep and haunting.

However, at the end of the day, I just don't think I'm destined to be a fan. Touch was definitely a hard pass for me.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. Though it was on their Sweet Dreams album, I think Love is a Stranger is one of my favorite songs from the 80s. Definitely had some depth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That song always stuck out in my head as sounding like the overworld of Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link.

      Delete