Retro Spins: Def Leppard - Pyromania



Def Leppard's Hysteria is one of my all time favorite albums from the 80's. It came out in 1987, which let's face it, was a great year for hard rock / metal albums. It was the same year we saw Guns 'N Roses Appetite For Destruction, Aeromsmith's Permanent Vacation, White Lion's Pride, Great White's Once Bitten..., Motley Crue's Girls Girls Girls, Whitesnake's self titled debut and so many more. Bottom line, it was a great year to be into metal.

Unfortunately, today is about none of those albums. Instead, it's time to revisit Def Leppard. Back before their mega best selling album of all time. Today, it's all about 1983's Pyromania.

I admittedly know nothing about this album beyond the hits, and quite frankly, know even less about the band. My introduction to them was with Hysteria, and from there, I never heard another full album from them until today. In fact, my introduction to Hysteria wasn't even my own doing. My brother had the cassette, and played it frequently. I didn't buy my first Def Leppard album, which was Hysteria, until 2017. Pyromania followed that same year, and yes, I'm just now getting to it.

So let me do just that.

Yeah, okay. I know Photograph, Foolin' and Rock Of Ages from the various 80's radio stations which are still around these days. These tracks aren't bad, but what else does the album offer?

Too Late For Love was the first "unknown" track to really grab my attention. I dug its rockin' sound. Def Leppard has a style and sound about them, and this song captures it perfectly. Beyond this though, I didn't really hear anything which captured my attention.

Pyromania certainly isn't jockeyed for position to dethrone Hysteria as my favorite Def Leppard album, but it was okay in its own right. I'd definitely listen to the latter over it any day.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment