Retro Spins: Cher - Cher



Not being a child of the 60's, my first introduction to Cher was in 1987 when her career went into its second orbit with her self titled album. Despite this, her music was nothing I ever owned until amassing my giant CD collection, which has been built over the past few years.

To promote the album, both Sonny and Cher appearing on David Letterman in 1987 where they sang, I Got You Babe together for the last time in front of an audience. You can see in their eyes just how much they loved each other - Even though they divorced in 1975.

The album features my all time favorite track from her, I Found Someone, but doesn't shy away from there. It has a ton of great material, and Cher power houses through each and every song with her magnificent and unique voice.

Songs, We All Sleep Alone, (the re-recorded) Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) and Main Man stand out as my favorites from the album, in addition to I Found Someone. The rest were descent, and compliment the album well. However, they don't pack the punch that the others mentioned above do. 

Overall, I enjoyed it though, and I look forward to making my way to her 1989 entry, Heart of Stone. Hopefully it will be as enjoyable as this one. But, that's a Retro Spin for another day.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment