Retro Spins: Spaceballs The Soundtrack



I remember my dad taking me to the movie theaters to see this film. He knew how big of a Star Wars fan I was, and felt this movie would be right up my alley. It was. I loved it, and to this day make it one of my many rotating films.

The gags and spoofy special effects fly at "ludicrous speed" as Mel Brooks (Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein) boldly go where no comic genius has gone before!

The 'Spaceballs,' a ruthless alien raced led by the dastardly President Skroob (Mel Brooks), are out to steal the air supply from the neighboring planet Druidia. Enter Barf the dog-man (John Candy) and handsome space bum-for-hire, Lone Starr (Bill Pullman of Ruthless People) - and their souped up, intergalactic Winnebago battle cruiser! Can they save Druidia while rescuing a spoiled Druish princess from a whining little runt named Dark Helmet (Rick Moranis) in time to pay off a mountainous mound of mozzarella known as Pizza the Hutt? Well, that depends on whether you truely believe in Yogurt (Brooks again!) and the power of "The Schwartz!"

So explore Spaceballs - and may "The Farce" be with you! - Back of the original VHS

Nostalgia wise, this album breaks the needle as it skyrockets past a ten. Musically, it's not a very memorable soundtrack. This is a shame because Spaceballs The Soundtrack is not only pretty scarce on CD, but also expensive. It will easily cost you $50.00 to $100.00 depending on the condition.

I enjoyed the instrumental opening theme from John Morris and also Spaceballs (the song) from The Spinners - Which is just pure fun. However, beyond that, I wasn't really thrilled with any of the tracks I heard.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment