The Golden Girls (Funko / ReAction Figures)



The Golden Girls
Funko / ReAction Figures
2016

I don't like The Golden Girls. I thought it was a stupid show, and not only that, but one that got me in trouble in the fifth grade. You remember those papers we used to have to write in elementary school which got shuffled off to some faceless set of "judges" who read and assigned a numbered grade to? Yeah, that's how this story goes.

I wrote said paper, and while I don't remember the subject matter, my end result was a rant about how much I hated The Golden Girls. I not only scored a one out of five, but found myself face to face with the school counselor, who was concerned with my level of anger.

Despite my disdain for the series and the backlash it personally caused me for having an opinion about it, I will still give a salute to Funko / ReAction's 2016 convention exclusive set.

The look of each character is significantly captured in each 3.75 figure, which is ironic based on how poorly the sculptors of the Married With Children set did two years later. How they could knock The Golden Girls out of the park and drop the ball so hard on the Bundy family is beyond me. See, here comes that anger again. 

It's also interesting to note the secondary market prices surrounding this particular set. Unlike the Married With Children set, which will set you back a ten spot, this box of hags charming women will easily ding your pocket for $250.00 and up! What gives?

Needless to say, if you're a fan of The Golden Girls, collecting them in action figure form won't be friendly on your wallet.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments: