World Of Springfield - Round One



For those of you who saw my post from earlier this morning, this will be reoccurring series throughout the week as I open up a few World Of Springfield figures that I'm adding to my collection.



Monty Burns was the first figure I opened. This was actually one of the first figures that got me looking into more of the World Of Springfield line.

The figure comes with two individually sculpted stacks of money, as well as, a fishbowl with Blinky, the three eyed fish.

Montgomery Burns




Fictional characters based in a fictional universe? Awesome. What's not to love about Itchy & Scratchy?

This two pack features a mallet and knife, which the two can use to mutilate each other.

Itchy & Scratchy



And of course, you can't have Itchy & Scratchy without the lovable clown host who brings them to you each and every week, Krusty the Clown!

The clown prince of comedy comes with a video camera, a box of Krusty-O's cereal and three Krusty Burger food items, a burger, drink and fries.

Krusty the Clown



Is he Homer's best friend or just another alcoholic hanging around Moe's? After thirty seasons, I still don't honestly know. One thing is for sure. Barney Gumbel is my favorite town drunk.

Barney comes with a sandwich and mug of beer.

Barney



And who serves all those delicious alcoholic drinks to Barney? Nobody other than Moe Szyslak.

This figure comes with a rag, mug of beer, and an oddly out of place, telephone. I get it, the character answers a lot of calls during the show, but I don't think an entire phone was necessary as a pack in. Let alone a payphone that isn't attached to a wall.

Moe



Last up in today's round of carded figures is Grandpa Simpson.

This figure comes with two accessories, which admittedly, I don't really understand. A newspaper and magnifying glass? Huh? Because old people read newspapers and use magnifying glasses, since their eyes are bad? Like I said, I don't get it. He also comes with a pair of removable glasses.

Grandpa Simpson

As mentioned in my initial post, I got several loose items in my purchase. Out of all the playsets, only two or three were complete. These included...

 Krustylu Studios with Sideshow Bob
Accessories: Knife, Axe, Bomb, Stage Light, "Die Bart" License Plate and Movie Camera

 Barney's Bowl-A-Rama with Pin Pal Apu
Accessories: Bowling Bag and Bowling Ball

As of now, I don't know that I'm going to keep all the figures I bought. For starters, I don't have the space for them. Secondly, I don't honestly want all of the figures from this line. If it's a figure I don't want, I'll still post photos of everything. If you see one that stays carded, feel free to send a message via the comment section with your e-mail address, denoting the figure(s) you want. I'll reach out, but won't publish your e-mail.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. Loved these Simpsons figures when they first came out! Great collection to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There's not too many more that I want. Oddly, I'm more so interested in the playsets than most of the individual figures.

      Delete