Sizzling Hot Garbage Reel



The internet gives a mild sleepy groan as once again a sizzle reel hits the web for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.


Watch in awe as Darth Reydar ignites her double bladed flip phone and teases being a dark Jedi - Even though it won't happen. Good ol' Disney trying to subvert our expectations.

What interests me the most about this trailer is the heavy reliance on Original and Prequel Trilogy footage, for a full minute of the two minute trailer, just to drum up some form of interest. If they had a strong film on their hands, the footage from the actual film should be enough to generate the buzz you're looking for.

Clearly there's not too many people out there who actually care about the final outing of The Three Stooges, Poe, Rey and Finn. Can't say as I blame them based on the retreading of Episode VII and the mess that was Episode VIII.

I can honestly say I have zero interest in seeing this film. The reason being, I simply don't care about these one dimensional characters. They exist to check boxes of diversity and stereotypes, but have zero personality, are unlikable and offer nothing relatable to your average person beyond identifying with their race or gender.

I wanted to be Han Solo as a kid because he was smug, yet lovable. Strong, yet gentle. A scoundrel, but a hero. I'd never want to be Poe because I wouldn't want to be in a room full of women being demeaned for being a white male with an opinion.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm just getting too old for Star Wars. Maybe Star Wars is for kids. However, that in and of itself is a frighting thing to think about. I would never want my son to be belittled like Poe or my daughter to walk around acting like a know-it-all, who doesn't need any help, like Rey. I certainly wouldn't want an emo cry baby like Kylo.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. I'll see the movie....once. Cause I'm still a fan. but yeah, not very excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, if it comes to Netflix I might check it out.

      Delete