Retro Spins: Aerosmith - Done With Mirrors



I inherited my appreciation for Aerosmith from my brother, and coincidentally all of his albums. He blared these guys daily from 1989 through the day he finally moved out of our parent's house in 1995. However, unlike my brother, I find myself more so appreciating their non-hits. You know, the stuff that hasn't been overplayed for fifty years...Wow, has it really been that long?

Because of my stance on their music, I was really looking forward to having a listen of their 1985 album, Done With Mirrors. I looked at the back of the jacket and said, "Great. I know none of these songs." However, just to prepare myself, I contacted my brother and asked, "What are the hits on this album?" He told me there were none, but that Let The Music Do The Talking, was the only real standout track for him. Things were sounding better by the minute.

I threw the album on and was immediately treated to the track he just told me. It was great! This was followed by My Fist Your Face, which I equally loved. Man, this was getting good!

The album continued to rock on from there. Shela got added to my shuffle list, but I really didn't hear much more that made the cut.

Overall, and if for nothing else, I got to hear some new Aerosmith stuff. Well, old Aerosmith stuff that I wasn't familiar with. It was a decent album. Not their best, but a good entry. It served its purpose. It laid the foundation for the ground paved with their follow up, Permanent Vacation and on through Nine Lives, or Just Push Play, if I'm being generous in how good their latter stuff lasted.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment