Retro Spins: Van Halen - OU812



Van Halen represented excess in the 80's. Big guitars, big vocals, big drums and party all the time within that world. Especially under the David Lee Roth Banner. With that said - Sammy Hagar? David Lee Roth? However you slice it, Van Halen is overrated.

The album, OU812, boasts Top 40 hits, When It's Love, Feels So Good, Black And Blue and Finish What You Started. However, with the exception of When It's Love, I honestly didn't really give much thought to anything. It was kind of just loud and in my face. Much like how I perceive the group in general.

Because the band is such an iconic staple of the 80's, I really want to like them. Unfortunately, I just can't seem to get into them.

That's it. Short and to the point.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment