The Big Bang Theory (Bif Bang Pow)

 

The Big Bang Theory
Big Bang Pow
2014 

When the pandemic started, and we were all relegated to house arrest, I started watching The Big Bang Theory on HBOMax. I'd never seen the show, but my boss swore to me that not only would I like it, but that these characters were all right up my alley and relatable to me.

Well, while I disagree with his assessment of them being relatable, I did end up enjoying the series quite a bit. So much so, that since working from home, I've actually watched all twelve seasons twice, and seasons one through three of Young Sheldon once. It was really good. It was one of those shows where the characters become your friends, so to speak. You're rooting for them, you want them to come out in the end, and you're sad to see them go when the series ends. I can't honestly think of a show I've ever seen, at least not off the top of my head, where I felt that way. Maybe Aqua Teens. : )

Anyway, during a moment of downtime, I thought I would track down any type of toys that may have been released based on the show. Boy was I floored when I found Bif Bang Pow's line.

This isn't the first time the company has produced a series of figures I missed that I was kind of bummed out about. The first was their fantastic Flash Gordon line. I'm still disappointed in missing that one. Those are so rare and expensive these days.

Again I'm off track...

Though the company released over twenty figures, it's unfortunate to see that eleven of them are based on Jim's Parson's Sheldon Cooper. I get that he's the star of the show, but come on. No Professor Proton, Barry Kripke, Bert Kibbler or Leslie Winkle? Blaring omissions.


Taking a closer look, some of these sculpts are really bad for some of them. Penny stands out as the worst, looking nothing like actress, Kaley Cuoco.





To round out the series, Bif Bang Pow released an exclusive SDCC wave. However, these are just the same figures all over again. This time in Star Trek uniforms. Eh, not exciting for me, but whatever. Not everything has to be for me...I guess.




The final pieces in the series were two box sets. The first was the only way that collector's could get their hands on Stuart. Unfortunately, it came packed with another Sheldon.


Last up is a four pack of the gang in their Star Trek cosplay getup. These are actually different from the above SDCC versions, and are based on their season six appearance in episode thirteen, The Bakersfield Expedition.

If you haven't seen the show, I definitely recommend it. With all the episodes currently available on HBOMax, it's a convenient way to binge watch the series. As for the toys, they're hit or miss. With the over saturation of Sheldon figures, and the poor likenesses, I'm certainly not as excited about these as I was for Bif Bang Pow's Flash Gordon line. I suppose they're not horrible though.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.


5 comments:

  1. Big Bang THeory rocks! These figures are cool. But yes, did we really need so many versions of Sheldon? Love the Star Trek ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did not.

      Rather than the Star Trek ones, I wish they would have made the Justice League ones. Then they could have made a Zack figure.

      Delete
    2. That would have been awesome!

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah - the Flash Gordon figures were amazing. So much potential for more characters but very happy they did Princess Aura. I think I'll watch it again this weekend. Flash!!!! (Insert Queen lyrics here).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great flick. Great soundtrack. Great toy line.

      Delete