Retro Spins: The Jacksons - Triumph



Track one asks, Can You Feel It? Yes! Yes I can!

The Jacksons Triumph is one solid album from start to finish. Though the majority of the vocals are handled by Michael, all the remaining brothers, with the exception of Jermaine who was not a part of the group at this time, get a chance to sing lead vocals at some point.

It's got a funky disco sound to it, but also starts to show some pop roots. This, however, isn't surprising considering Michael penned seven of the nine songs (with or without his brothers input). At this point, he had not only released Off The Wall, but Thriller was just on the horizon.

The biggest problem here is that it's such a good album that there's really not much I can about it. I mean, how many different times do you want me say how much I liked it?

Suffice to say, if you're a fan of Michael Jackson or The Jacksons as a group, this one is definitely worth checking out. I just don't think you can go wrong with it.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. At first when I saw this I was thinking of the Victory album, of which I really liked "Torture." Haven't listened to this. Currently doing a drawing of Gary, Indiana, home of the Jackson 5, and where I was born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victory was sweet, but Triumph may be slightly better.

      Delete