Birthday Outings, Part II: The Big Flea Market


After finding the Massaponax Flea Market to be a bust and having over an hour before anything else in the area we were interested in would open, we had to pivot for the birthday outings. This led us to the Fredericksburg Big Flea Market. This is run by the same folks who host the DC Big Flea, something I've been to a handful of times. As such, we weren't expecting much, and really just needed it to kill time, which it did.


Right off the bat, for how large the building was, the actual "convention" itself is much smaller than the DC iteration. Space was definitely not maximized, but perhaps that's because there weren't enough vendors to necessitate it.


Most of the items were antique based, but there were a handful of vendors selling "collectibles", mostly records. While I did find a vendor selling some old wax packs of cards that intrigued me, his prices quickly eliminated that.










Unlike Massaponax, we didn't leave empty handed, but we also didn't necessarily buy anything we needed. My girl picked up a first pressing of Michael Jackson's Thriller on CD, and I grabbed a CD soundtrack of Stargate, as well as a unique Netherlands Sesame Street record.


The latter was all about the intrigue. However, when I got home, it dawned on me that it probably wasn't in English, and upon throwing it on to find out, sure enough, it's not. I think this one may be going to George of G.I. Jigsaw, if he wants it. He's into weird records.

From there, a place we were actually planning our day for was open, so off we went. That post coming a bit later...

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment