After two successful albums back-to-back, Rick Springfield left the role of Dr. Noah Drake on General Hospital and focused strictly on his music career. Returning to the studio, he recorded what would become the tracks for his next album, Living In Oz (1983).
The album would prove to be another success, providing his fourth Billboard 200 top forty record, and his third consecutively. With it came the hit singles, Affair Of The Heart, which peaked at number nine on the Billboard Hot 100, Human Touch, which landed at number eighteen., and Souls which followed at twenty-three. Affair Of The Heart would also garner him a nomination, but not a win, for a Grammy Award for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance.
I'm finding it difficult to write Retro Spins on Rick Springfeild because honestly, there's not much to say about them. His records are straight up rock and roll albums. They have great instrumentation, and his vocals are superb. Beyond that, what is there to say?
I suppose I could note that as a result of the album being another solid one, there were standout tracks. For me, those were Human Touch, Alyson, Affair Of The Heart, Living In Oz (the song), Motel Eyes, Souls, I Can't Stop Hurting You. but from there, I'd just be typing words for the sake of filling space.
Point being, check this one out. Check out the previous two too. Then listen to the next one. I mean, maybe, I don't know. I haven't heard that one yet. Well, I take that back. By the time you read this, I will have, but you'll have to check back tomorrow for that. See, that's what happens when you type words to fill space. Rambling.
Before moving on to his next album, Rick returned to the screen, starring in the film Hard To Hold. Though it would be a box office flop, it would lead to his next studio / soundtrack album of the same name, and his fifth top forty album. Leave us not get too far ahead though and instead pick up there tomorrow.
Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.
Disclaimer: They Toy Box does not endorse or contribute to piracy. Retro Spins posts are intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. None of the music discussed here is available for sale, downloading or distribution.

No comments:
Post a Comment