Retro Spins: M + M (Martha And The Muffins) - The World Is a Ball

 

I am so relieved that today is my last day of Martha And The Muffins, AKA M + M. In terms of Retro Spins, this has been among the most fatiguing and unenjoyable experiences. After six very expensive albums, I am not a fan. In fact, I'm kind of ticked off because of how much their CD's cost. Kids, this is a perfect reason why you don't just buy albums without hearing or knowing something about them.

Ugh...okay...let's go.

Martha Johnson and Mark Gane took a few years to record what would become 1986's The World Is A Ball. However, upon its release, while it would chart slightly higher in Canada than its predecessor, 1985's Mystery Walk, it would only yield one minor hit, Song In My Head. Following its lackluster reception, the two would decide to take a hiatus.

Thank God!

The World Is A Ball, the opening track, is kind of okay. It's got a peppy beat that makes it easy to get into. But top ten material it is not. Further, I'm not about to let my guard down with it. I've fallen for that before in previous albums, only to be met by mediocrity, and boredom.

I swear track two and three, I Watch I Wait, and Watching The Boys Fall Down are set to the exact same music. It was at this point that I started skipping through tracks, listening for a few second. However, by track five of ten, I did something I haven't done in a long while. I gave up, and turned it off.

Seriously, I'm done with Martha And The Muffins, M + M, or whatever you want to call them. While my normal layout of these posts would have be going into the future of them past 1989, frankly, I don't care. They could have created time travel, and colonized mars, I couldn't care less. All I want is to distance myself from them as much as possible at this point.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

Disclaimer: They Toy Box does not endorse or contribute to piracy. Retro Spins posts are intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. None of the music discussed here is available for sale, downloading or distribution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment