Peg People Series Six - A Final Birthday Gift Celebration!

 

George of G.I. Jigsaw continues to smash it out of the park with his Spider-Man Peg People! He gifted me a slew of them for my birthday...which the dog needed first rights at...



Once he was done destroying the wrapping paper, he left me to the plastic box inside.


Right off the bat, this felt heavier than what George had made in batches before, and boy oh boy, there was a reason for that. As I sifted through the paper towel partitions, the figures kept coming and coming.

Tombstone was the first, and immediately recognizable with his business suit attire, and white skin.

This was followed by the obscure 60's villain, Looter, AKA, Meteor Man, who first appeared all the way back in The Amazing Spider-Man issue 36. Fun fact. I had both Looter and Meteor Man on the checklist, so I had to update it to remove one, which means I had to replace it with another character. Fortunately, George already had me covered in that regard.

Still more were extracted from that same roll, which also included a member of the Sinister Syndicate, Beetle!

You sticking with me so far? Man, if these don't make you happy, there's something wrong with you. I know I was smiling ear to ear as I pulled out the classic creature, Man-Wolf. He's J. Jonah Jameson's son, you know.

I gave a little chuckle when I pulled out this next one, because it was immediately so recognizable. George made it a point to shave off the top of the head for Hammerhead, creating that iconic flattop look of the character. That's really where I say hats off to George. He has a way of dialing in on specific details which make characters immediately recognizable.It's subtle, but he also has that typical open mouth toothy snarl, which filled many a comic book panels.

Even the most obscure figures, like Tinkerer, another classic Spidey villain from the early pages of The Amazing Spider-Man.

Then of course, there was one of my all time favorite villains among the bunch, the one and only Hobgoblin.

Next up was Tarantula, underrated villain of the week, who often showed up in both The Amazing Spider-Man, and Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man.

At this point, there were two more bundles left in the box. The first had a little more girth to it, and contained three characters. First up was the misunderstood villain, turned hero, turned villain, Will-O' the Wisp.
This was followed by the man behind all the clone nonsense, Jackal, AKA Professor Warren.

Last up, in the villain department, was the misunderstood, Vermin.

Packed all up all by its lonesome was probably my most absolute figure to date that George has created. I smiled widely, I'm talking ear to ear, when I unwrapped this one.

For those of you following this blog, you know that when I get custom artwork from comic creators, that I ask them to create it based on a series I conceptualized called, Peter Parker, Decisions. This is basically Peter Parker, deciding if he's going to wear his black suit, or classic red and blue. George got in on the game by creating an homage to the drawing crated by Jim Salicrup.

Like I mentioned above, I had both Looter and Meteor Man on the checklist, so I needed to remove one, and add a new character. This one took that place nicely, and I even decided to make it figure 100 on the list. It just felt appropriate.

The shelf is filling up, but that's okay with me. A couple thumb tacks for those Marvel Legends Retro will get them out of the way, and make plenty of space for more.






If I had to choose one, this would be my favorite section.
Again...IF I HAD to choose.

And last, but not least, the beautifully updated checklist! That first sheet is almost filled up!






Thanks again, George! I really mean it when I say this is my absolute favorite action figure line. This really means a lot to me that you made and gave me the very first batch back at Christmas time last year, and since them, you've been so amazing to keep cranking them out.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

6 comments:

  1. You're welcome. I'm anxious to see at least one checklist completely filled. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I mentioned, I used a small handsaw to saw off Hammerhead's flattop. My wife said if I cut the kitchen table while doing the delicate lobotomy, I owe her a new kitchen table. Luckily, that didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff! Jigs has something good here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! These are my absolute favorite figures.

      Delete
    2. Tone - one of these days I'll have to finish your Mattel Secret Wars portraits.

      Delete
    3. Unfortunately, he's booked for the next three years! LOL.

      Delete