Big Lick NOVA 2024 - The Show

 

April 13 and 14 brought with them Big Lick NOVA 2024. Compared to last year, the comic artists were a bit few and far between. Well, in terms of people I was interested in, anyway. Arrival time was a prompt 7:00 AM, with the idea of being first in line for a 10:00 AM early entry opening. Mission accomplished.



This year, I opted to bring a box with me to place at the door, with several free prints of artwork I'd done. This turned out to be quite popular amongst people in line. Of the 70 I brought (10 of each), only five Ren and Stimpy remained by the time the doors opened.

These images have all been posted on my site before, and if you're interested, can be found by following the Just Doodling label.

An odd policy, which seemed to set some people off in line was the strict rule of "NO CARTS" through the glass doors. Apparently, the Expo Center had a concern that carts being pulled behind people had too much potential to break the glass if the doors struck them while closing. People were infuriated by this policy, and scrambled to find alternatives to bringing all their books inside with them. Some opted to go across the parking lot to Wal-Mart to buy a backpack, while others awkwardly carried them all in their hands.

When the doors finally opened, I made a B-line for the artists I had come for, while sending my girl on a mission to take photos of anything and everything. She did quite well in this task, taking far more photos then I expected.

Hey, let me be that one guy who brings a predatory
animal into a crowded show. That's a good idea.
I kid. There was also a wolf there.






















































In addition to the booths, she also snagged a few cos players. Oddly, there weren't many.









With the vibe of the show set, hopefully you're as excited to see more, as I was to be there. Tune in next week, as my adventure through Big Lick NOVA 2024 gets under way.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. As much as cosplayers freak me out (i.e. Elsa) - that Star Wars Sandperson is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete