Birthday Third Outing And Purchases


With the first half of the day over, we were on our way to filling the back end. This led us to 2nd and Charles, another used DVD and music store, which also sold new and used toys and books. Basically, another version of McKays...but not as cheap.


For as much as I like music, I try to avoid it here. This store is not known for its well organized CD section, which is odd, because the DVD's are not only broken down by genre, but alphabetized per section. I wish this section would make two changes. First, and foremost, if you hadn't guessed, better organization. Second, it would be helpful if they turned the CD's to that the spines were facing up, vs. having to flip through jam packed slots.



Their comic and toy section is pretty hit or miss, typically hitting more so the misses than hits. The pegs are full, but typically with all the fodder that people aren't buying.





I did dig this little Stan Lee figure, but ultimately decided I just didn't need it in my life.


My girl showed me this. Not because either of us wanted it, but rather because she didn't understand why Bugs Bunny would come packed with the Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine. I've got to be honest, I have no clue. It makes no sense to me.


Speaking of Pops, you of course can't go into any shop these days without hitting them with a stick. 2nd and Charles has tons of them. We were among the few who got into these back in their infancy, and this allowed us to cash in big when we sold the majority of them off. Between the majority of them being retired, and labeled as "grails", we did just fine recouping our initial investment, and making a nice juicy profit on top of that. My girl kept a select few of them, and still picks one up here and there. As for me, they make me sick. I could be perfectly happy never seeing another one the rest of my life.



Rather than linger in the Pop isle, I turned my attention to the novelty shirts. For me, these are fun to look at, but I'd never buy them, nor wear one out in public. I'm not a big people person, so the last thing I want is some random person engaging with me on my, "Cool shirt, man!"




Heading to the register, I was honestly surprised to find such a vast collection of used vintage Kenner Star Wars in a display case. Granted, nothing was complete, but conditions were nice, overall, and like I said, it was just surprising to see.






At the register is the usual fair of snacks and such to do some last minute shopping while you wait for your turn to pay.


Leaving here wrapped up our outings for the day. It was mid afternoon, turning into rush hour, so it just made sense to wrap it up for the day.

At home, we went through our wares, which turned out to be more than enough. Like I said earlier in the day, the main focus was checking off as many DVD's lingering on Ye Ol' Want List, and while there are a handful which we couldn't find, these were certainly more than enough. A very nice treat to get so many in one day.

At McKays, we got this stack.


That's good stuff, and certainly would have been more than enough, but there's more. This next haul was from 2nd and Charles.


I also got an NES game I was looking to add to my collection.


As we drove home, my girl asked, "What would you like for dinner?" To which I responded, "I don't think I'm going to get hungry, and we still have a cake." She looked a bit disappointed in that response, so I said, "But pizza would be fine if we do." Disclaimer, we didn't.

At home, my girl whipped out a surprise by giving me some gifts to open. Yeah, gifts on top of everything above that I had just gotten. But, that will be one final post coming a bit later today. For now, check out the shelves!

Good thing there's only a handful of DVD's still on
our want list. There's only room for fifteen more discs.

Can you find Kid Niki on the shelf?

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below. 

4 comments:

  1. Interesting to see vintage Star Wars there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toy Box, what are your thoughts on the vintage Kenner ESB Rebel Transport?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an under appreciated vehicle that doesn't get the credit it deserves. It's large, has good play features for an active young mind, and if nothing else, stores a ton of figures. It's also spot on to the movie, making it easily recognizable.

      How else are you going to play out the evacuation of Hoth without it?

      Delete