Birthday Gifts From My Girl And The Cake


Wrapping up my birthday was some really nice gifts my girl gave me, as well as the cake.

What we've found is that ever since Christmas last year, when there's a gift around, the dog thinks its his, and therefore, he wants to open it. As such, we've had to start wrapping toys for him during birthdays, and ensure he has something to keep him occupied. Otherwise, he pouts.

We ended up having to stagger three different packages to him to keep him happy while I opened my gifts. These gifts!


I couldn't believe after spending what we did on DVD's earlier in the day that my girl would then have wrapped gifts. It was generous, and totally awesome of her. Did she win the lottery and not tell me?


I dug this Super Mario Bros. wrapping paper. That's just cool!


It didn't go unnoticed that I was opening up packages. This was despite him shredding through not only the paper of one of his already, but the toy itself, ala all the fuzz all around him. Messy!

As if I needed it, I got all the more DVD's! Ha! This time cartoons for my ever growing cartoon collection, a collection which I keep very separate from our movies. She also got me a really cool color changing Spider-Man coffee mug, and a sealed box of 1989 Batman cereal, complete with the shrink wrapped premium coin bank! That's good stuff!


I'm by no means a cereal box collector, and no, I'm not going down that rabbit hole...yet. But, if I did, I have long since looked at this particular one as a "must have' for that type of collection. For now, the intended purpose for this will be to sit on my very limited Batman 89 shelf. I just need to re-arrange some things to fit it in there.

As I noted in my post yesterday, I'm reaching the tail end of my eights cartoon collection. There are only a handful more that were released in the USA, and having the Adventures of Raggedy Ann and Andy now, checks one of those off. Of course, also as I said, that now opens the flood gates for shows from the 70's and prior, as well as 90's and beyond, which my girl has given me a bit of a kick start on. Oh, those pesky rabbit holes.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below. 

2 comments:

  1. Video is unavailable. So what happened to the cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...not sure what happened here. It was a video of the dog destroying a present.

      Man, that cake was a mess.

      Delete