Though we ran around on several outings on Saturday, with my birthday officially being today, my girl wanted to take me to breakfast. For this, we headed down the road to Frost Diner.
The menu was basic diner food, which was exactly what I wanted.
Their menu board said that biscuits and gravy was only $5.95, so I was shocked when this massive plate came out...
...Especially since I also ordered a short stack, which to them was three pancakes, also $5.99.
All of it was tasty, but incredibly filling.
My brother sent a package through the mail. This was about as fancy as he got with the wrapping paper.
Inside were two things. The first was a DVD series I'd been hunting for a long time. The PJs was a somewhat forgotten stop motion sitcom that aired between 1999 and 2001 and starred the voice acting of Eddie Murphy. The show ran for three seasons, and when it was released on DVD in 2011, came and went just as silently as when it aired on television, to the point that it's actually a bit difficult to track down, especially season three.
Point being, I'm incredibly happy to have this one in my collection now.
He also went way above and beyond and got me another McFarlane signed / red stamped issue one of Spider-Man!
Dig that old timey McFarlane signature! The greatest part about this one, was that he told me the guy he bought it from on ebay actually linked to my article about the book.
Adding this one to the collection makes five. Why do I have five? Because I don't have a sixth one yet.
That's like asking why I need a whole box of issue ones in multiple variants.
George of G.I. Jigsaw stopped by later in the afternoon with two gifts for me as well.
After confirming it was dog friendly to open, I entrusted my assistant with helping get the paper off.
First and foremost, George gave me some awesome Spider-Man stickers. These will go right into the collection.
He then gave me a couple Spidey related mini figures. Though he told me what line they were from, it honestly slipped my mind. This may be a good thing, because I can see this easily becoming a new obsession.
Back in January, George posted about a series of Spider-Man related Pez dispensers, to which I got way more excited about than most rational people would have. Well, I'm happy to say that he gifted these to me as well.
Lastly, he took some Spidey figure photos, and turned them into a series of plates, recreating some classic covers from the comics! Though he said they were safe to eat off of, these are going right up on the wall. I even asked him if he wanted to sign them with a gold paint pen. He did not.
My mom also sent me a couple of DVD's from Amazon, adding to my ever-expanding cartoon collection.
I'm actually re-watching all of the classic DC cartoons in story chronological order, and getting Teen Titans is right on time to fit in between The New Adventures Of Batman And Robin, and Batman Beyond.
Robot Chicken, the complete series is always a fun watch, though at time it can get ridiculous for the sake of being edgy. But for the most part, it's always been a fun one to catch here and there. Now that I have the whole series, I can have a go through it from start to finish.
Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.























No comments:
Post a Comment