I Guess It's Free...A Snake Supreme Cobra Commander Update

 

As you may recall from my original review post on the G.I. Joe Classified Snake Supreme Cobra Commander, I mentioned the figure arrived broken, and that I had contacted Hasbro Pulse about it before even removing it from the box.

For a quick refresher, the problem was the plastic chain draped across the figure's chest. It arrived broken.


Though I got an auto response from the site ensuring me that despite high volumes of e-mails and calls that someone would get back to me, nobody ever did. I was left in limbo to wonder if a live person had even seen my correspondence.

Well, it's a good thing I paid with PayPal. Because while Hasbro decided it wasn't worth their time to respond, PayPal did. After filing a dispute and going through the normal process of them reaching out to Hasbro, and waiting for a response, they gave me a full refund. I guess Hasbro didn't feel it was worth their time to respond to PayPal either.

At the end of the day, my figure is still broken, which wasn't the desired outcome of this. I didn't want the figure for free, and it does me no good in the long run. Either way, I have to replace it - Apparently at scalper rates now.

It would have been ideal for Hasbro to contact me and arrange for a replacement, but I guess they had no interest in doing so. Even as of today I've not heard from anyone. Ultimately, this is a lesson learned that their customer support simply doesn't exist, which is obviously a problem if you're going to buy from them.

The lesson to take away from this post is that if you're going to buy from Hasbro Pulse, use PayPal. It's the only recourse you're going to have if and when you run into a problem with what you receive.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that. I'd be nerd raging by now. I'm sure they'll come around sooner or later. I'm not sure how many times you contacted them but I would try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I've already gotten my money back, there's not really much more to say to Hasbro. If I were in their shoes I would simply respond with, "You got your money back and you kept the item. What more do you want?"

      Delete
  2. Doh! What was I thinking 😂Totally overlooked the fact that you got your money back.

    ReplyDelete