G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero File Cards - 1984 (Hasbro)



G.I. Joe File Cards
Hasbro
1984

We continue our year end wrap up with a look at the 1984 file cards for G.I. Joe. Is everyone having fun?

Believe it or not, despite my current vast collection of Joe and Cobra figures, by 1984, G.I. Joe still wasn't on my radar as a kid. Nope. I was still playing with Star Wars figures, loyal to the end. The only figure I had from this wave was the mail away hooded Cobra Commander, and I got him around 1986 or 1987. He was one of the very few mail away figure my mom ordered from the series.

With that said, there are some great figures in this wave that I truly enjoy, such as, Duke, Spirit, Baroness, Copperhead, Firefly, Scrap Iron, Storm Shadow and Zartan. Mind you, that's not to say that the rest are garbage. Each one fills a necessary role in my collection lineup.

1984's sales were also boosted with the aid of the follow up mini-series, The Revenge of Cobra, which aired from September 10th through September 14th. With it came a ton of new face, but none more important than the introduction of fan favorites, Shipwreck, Zartan and his band of Dreadnoks. Too bad we never got a Honda Lou West figure.

But, today is not about the toys. It's about those fantastically fact filled file cards. So, let's dig in!












Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. This 1984 set had so many great characters! Recondo, Mutt, Firefly and Storm Shadow were highlights for me.

    ReplyDelete