G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero File Cards - 1982 (Hasbro)



G.I. Joe File Cards
Hasbro
1982 - 1983

If you love G.I. Joe, want to read all their file cards, and get fully engrossed in the characters of the vintage 80's line, then oh boy, have I got a treat for you. For the remainder of the year, each weekly post will consist of all the file cards from the vintage Joe line, taking you from its inception in 1982 though it's final 1994 series. It doesn't get any better than that!

Of course, if you don't like anything about what I said...Well, Retro Spins are on Tuesdays and non-Joe based posts will return in January of next year. Sorry.

Here we go!

1982 was the wave that started it all. Those classic straight arm releases, that while not for me, are iconic staples in many vintage Joe collector's sets. You get essentials like Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Stalker, Breaker, Rock 'n Roll, Cobra Commander and his Soldier and Officer.

That's not to say that secondary characters such as Zap, Flash, Steeler and the rest of the characters that make up the first wave don't deserve a nod of approval for being the foundation in which the empire was built. All and all, the 1982 wave is a beautiful thing!

So let's dig in to those fantastic file cards and learn all we can, shall we?







Thirteen against three. What terrible odds for Cobra. It was always something that bummed me out, even as an adult collector. The Cobra figures never amassed the sheer volume of Joe based characters. However, what they lacked in volume, they made up for in quality and uniquness.


Are you excited for more? Tune in next week for 1983!

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. While they shed light on the characters, admittedly I sometimes prefer to have my own backstory for them.

      Delete
  2. Amazing how timeless the file cards are. They were awesome back then, and I still love looking and reading them now. Brilliant addition to 80s action figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like a good comic, you can read them again and again.

      Delete
  3. Loved reading these! I used to have a huge collection of the card backs from my Playmates Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures! I wonder if my Mom threw those out?

    ReplyDelete