To Survive A War, You Gotta Become War



An expert in Guerilla Warfare.


A man who's the best with guns, with knives, with his bare hands.


A man who's been  trained to ignore pain.


Ignore weather.


To live off the land.


To eat things that would make a billy goat puke.


In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel.


To kill, period.


Win by attrition.


Now Rambo was the best.


Yes! Finally! I finally got my hands on Coleco's 1986 Rambo figure! It took me forever to track down one that had all the various accessories with it...Mainly because I ended up having to buy it in the package.

I talked the seller down quite considerably on this one because of the condition of the package. Don't let the picture fool you. The top 1/3 won't even stand up straight if you're holding it. It flops backwards. In person, it looked like it had been hit by a car and left for dead on the highway.

Fortunately for me, I didn't want the cardboard backer, so I think this turned out to be a win / win for both the seller and I. He got a fair price and I got the figure.

I think the figure got rescued just in time from it's cardboard prison too. It has an ever so slight sticky / tacky feeling to the arms and chest - Which is of course caused by the plasticizer. For those of you who have no clue what I mean, I"ll quickly explain.

As silly as it sounds, toys need to breathe. If you leave them in baggies, protector cases or even in their original bubble for excessive periods, the plastic can't breathe and when the plasticizer begins to break down, it can't escape. The end result is it clings back to the figure which is what causes the sticky layer.

If caught soon enough, you can simply soak your toy in ten parts water to one part dish soap for a few hours. In most cases this will remove the stickiness.

It's sad to think this, but unfortunately nothing last forever. Mind you, you don't have to worry about this in your lifetime if you take care of your figures as it can take anywhere from 450 to 1,000 years for plastic to completely break down.

"Isn't science fun?" - The Punisher.

Well, anyway...I'm sure most of you didn't come here today for a science lesson. So, back to Rambo.

As many readers of The Toy Box know, I have been looking to add this particular figure to my collection for quite some time now. Let's just have a look for a minute, okay?





Wonderful!

I love how it perfectly captures the look of Stallone (by 80's standards). One glance and most people can tell right off the bat who it is. There's even chest scars. Coleco did a fantastic job in this department. I also love all the great accessories he comes with.

I'm entertaining the idea of grabbing a Colonel Trautman and the white shirt, Fire-Power Rambo, but I'm honestly in no rush to do so at this time. I got the one figure I really wanted and I'm happy to just sit back and admire it for the time being.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. One of my all time favorite action figures!Trautman Is great too,man.I recommend :)

    ReplyDelete