Retro Spins: Warrant - Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich



Don't you love when you hear an album for the first time and realize it's got a song on it you'd forgotten about? That's what happened today with Warrant's debut album, Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich.

My first formal introduction to the band occurred with the release of their 1990 release, Cherry Pie. Mind you, this wasn't an album which I purchased. Rather, it was one my brother owned, which he loved to play over and over and over and over. Oddly enough, it never got old. It was solid. But, this is not a review for an album from the 90's. Instead, I want to stay focused on the 80's, which of course, is the aforementioned 1989 released Dirty Rotten Stinking Filthy Rich - If you didn't already see that coming.

Down Boys just so happens to be the song I hinted to above, the one I'd forgotten all about. I didn't even know it was their song. Heck, I don't know if I would have ever even remembered it had it not started playing.

As I continued to look into it, I found that the tune had even charted in April of 1989 at number ninety and then proceeded to peak at number twenty-seven. This was followed by Heaven, which debuted at number seventy-eight that same month. That's when the album got all the more interesting. I'd completely forgotten about this song too!

Heaven went on to be the biggest hit from the album, peaking at number two in September, where it stayed for two weeks. The was followed by the short lived chart topper, Big Talk, which debuted at number ninety-six in November, but disappeared the following week.

Overall, it was a decent album. Not as good as Cherry Pie, but definitely a good foundation for things to come. I may have to step out of my comfort zone and look into further albums from the band. I say comfort zone, because these would fall between 1992 and 2017 - Periods I tend to shy away from.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

Disclaimer: They Toy Box does not endorse or contribute to piracy. Retro Spins posts are intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. None of the music discussed here is available for sale, downloading or distribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment