Retro Spins: Great White - Once Bitten



Great White is a band who I jumped on the bandwagon with when they had their high point, and then promptly jumped off shortly thereafter. For those of you who don't know what period that falls under, that would be their 1987 album, Once Bitten, and their follow up 1989 album, ...Twice Shy. Even then, I could count on one hand the songs I know about from them. Number one, Rock Me. Number Two, Once Bitten / Twice Shy.

The purpose of today's Retro Spin is to rectify this. Hopefully, in doing so, I find a few more songs from them that stand out as goodins - Okay, that's not a word, but it should be.

Rock Me became the bands first ever chart topper when it entered at number ninety-six in August of 1987. The song eventually went to number sixty. This mild success was followed by, Save Your Love, which charted at number eighty-one in January of 1988, peaking at number fifty-seven.

As I listened to the album, I found myself getting bored with it. I'm not sure if this was because of fatigue from listening to several albums this day, or it was from the songs just not being all that good. It wasn't "bad" music. It was just a little draining to have to continue sitting there listening to it, turning into a wall of sound.

Unfortunately, because of this, Great White didn't end up knocking my socks off, nor becoming my next favorite band. I might have to give it another try at a later date to see if I gave it an honest and fair try.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

Disclaimer: They Toy Box does not endorse or contribute to piracy. Retro Spins posts are intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. None of the music discussed here is available for sale, downloading or distribution.

2 comments:

  1. The song Once Bitten/Twice Shy is still a favorite of mine. Actually, the only song I know but I keep it on several playlists.

    ReplyDelete