Retro Spins: Arrested Development - 3 Years, 5 Months And 2 Days In The Life Of...



When I think back on Arrested Development's 3 Years, 5 Months And 2 Days In The Life Of..., I don't actually remember many of the songs from the album. Instead, I remember great times spent with my brother. We would sit in his room playing his Super Nintendo, typically Act Raiser, Contra III: The Alien Wars or Ghouls And Ghosts (among others). So many hours were spent just hanging out.

When I found the album in ol' dollar bin in Timonium, I decided I'd add it to my collection. Not necessarily because it was a CD I wanted, but rather for the memories it brought with it.

As I made my way through the album for this write up, I actually found myself not remembering very many of the fifteen songs from 3 Years, 5 Months And 2 Days In The Life Of... In fact, there were only three, Mr. Wendel, U and Tennessee. It was great to find these tracks were still rather enjoyable.

The album felt rather spiritual in a way, and I didn't hate that. It was refreshing to hear hip hop music that didn't have any ill will or nasty undertones behind it. Overall though, it wasn't really for me.

Despite its "clean" tone, the songs really didn't resonate with me beyond the three I noted above. I don't hate on Arrested Development for that. Instead, I'll just chalk it up to it isn't for me. I also have plenty more music to thumb through and listen to, so I'll take the three tracks I got from it and keep digging for something "new".

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

Disclaimer: They Toy Box does not endorse or contribute to piracy. Retro Spins posts are intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. None of the music discussed here is available for sale, downloading or distribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment