G.I. Joe Classifed: The Run Changes Continue

 

You can't find him, so it's probably irrelevant, but the run changes continue in the latest wave of Target Exclusive Cobra Island figures. MCUcollector24 shows both a matte and glossy finish to Firefly.

Much like the prior run changes, this is very subtle, and most likely immaterial to most collectors. Especially in light of most people not being able to get their hands on one version, let alone both.

Ebay has yet to catch wind of this, but I suspect that once they do that prices will start to reflect this. We've seen it in the past with these "variants" where one version suddenly becomes more desirable than the other.

You know, when I see this kind of stuff, and then take a moment to reflect back on how much of a pain it's been to get the figures in this line, I don't honestly know if I have the longevity I'd like to have for this series. If you think store exclusives are a pain, just wait until the convention exclusives start up again.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to find any Cobra Island figure in the store. The good news is, the price of Firefly on Ebay is coming down to a reasonable level. Still double retail but $40 is better than $100. Some guy had Firefly and the Viper listed for $20,000.00 so I made a best offer of $39.98. May do that for everyone who listed it with a high premium.

    ReplyDelete