World Of Springfield - Round Three



Today's round of World of Springfield figures consists mostly of the loose complete stuff I came across in the two boxes of toys. 

First up is a figure I was really disappointed wasn't among the carded ones, but ecstatic to find it loose and complete. Otto Mann is essential to my personal collection.


Groundskeeper Willie would have definitely been considered for my purchases, even if in the long run he might have gotten passed. Since he's here, complete and in good shape, I'll go ahead and add him to the collection.


The Pin Pal versions of the figures are definitely shaping up to be my favorites. I don't know what it is, but I'm leaning towards the awesome shirts with the logos on the back. I was happy as can be to find Mr. Burns hanging around the loose stuff with all his accessories.


Technically, this one isn't part of the World of Springfield series. Instead, it's from the Simpsons 25th Anniversary series from NECA. As you can see, the sculpting and size match perfectly to the original Playmates Toys versions.

Can anyone recognize who it is? Guess. Times up. It's Adam West!


Though Mascot Homer is complete, he'll probably be going back to the box as an unwanted figure. He's cool and all, but I'm trying to avoid being inundated with multiple versions of the same figures - with exception to the ones I really, really like. Pin Pals, for example.


If it weren't for that little black dot on Mayor Quimby's nose, this would have been an awesome and complete playset. I wouldn't be opposed to it if it weren't dead center on the figures face. It's all I see when I look at it.


To back track a bit, when I found the Burns Pin Pal figure was complete, I set to task on looking how many other versions there were for the team. Homer and Moe are the answer to that question. Before committing to any sales on ebay, I made the smart decision to rummage through the carded figures one more time and found...



Interestingly enough, unlike the other Pin Pal figures, Homer does not have a logo on his back. Still, with this one checked off, that leaves me with needing to track down Moe. Of course, he was an exclusive figure and not the cheapest as a result.


While perusing ebay, I did come across one of my favorite "B" characters, Grimey. He was pretty pricey, most likely because he is part of the last two waves, but I had to have him. He was packed in with a Nuclear Power Plant playset, so there was at least some bang for the buck there.


I'm trying not to get carried away with this line. However, it's a little challenging. I mean, come on. Look at this.


"Where's Moe," they ask me. What can I do? I've got to complete the set.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment