When you've had a decades long career, you're bound to have some hits and misses. For Rod Stewart, that was his 1983 released Body Wishes. Though it produced the singles, Baby Jane, which peaked on the Billboard Hot 100 at number fourteen, What Am I Gonna Do (I'm So in Love with You), landing at number thirty-five, and Sweet Surrender, which did not chart.
Despite the critical response, the album still kicked out gold and platinum certifications across multiple countries and landed in the top twenty across the world. Which just goes to show, even a bad album can result in a good day for a legacy artist.
The cover serves as a homage to 50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong: Elvis' Gold Records, Volume 2, released in 1959.
My head instinctively started bobbing with track three, Move Me, which picked up where Dancin' left off with that classic rock sound of the Stones. It was at this point that I formally submitted and confirmed for myself that I was a Rod Stewart fan. I had been missing out for a long time on some really great music.
Of course, after saying all of the above, my attention then got diverted, and the back half kind of fell off for me. When I did tune back in, things suddenly weren't resonating the same way. In fact, I found tracks to be relatively boring.
At the end of it all, I found myself still sitting on the fence. I certainly enjoyed what was side A of the album, and I'll take that as a win. But ultimately side B kind of failed. It doesn't deter me from wanting to hear more, and I'll certainly be continuing my Rod Stewart journey. Albeit, I'll be skipping over 1984's Camouflage, as I've already played through that one. As such, my next stop is 1986's Every Beat Of My Heart.
Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.
Disclaimer: They Toy Box does not endorse or contribute to piracy. Retro Spins posts are intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. None of the music discussed here is available for sale, downloading or distribution.
And now, 31 Days Of Halloween!
I saw the first Exorcist once, and that was enough for me. I don't make it a habit to mess with films that openly blasphemy God. There are just some lines that I don't feel should be crossed. Candidly, the subject matter also just makes me squirmy because demonic possession has happened and been documented to quite an extent in the bible.
In regard to horror films, it's a little more difficult to enjoy when something can or has happened in reality. So, for me, The Exorcist film series is a hard pass, but maybe for you, you like that sort of thing, and if so, there are plenty of films to choose from in the series for Halloween.

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment