Awesome Con 2024 - Part 2: Joe Rubinstein


My running around Awesome Con 2024 continued, as I made my way from table to table, leaving my buddy Dave in line as a place holder to call me when people arrived. I was surprised at how quickly things were going. Unlike Baltimore Comic Con 2023, lines were either non-existent, or efficient, with people moving along (for the most part). I think the biggest pro to this was that the majority of people either hadn't arrived yet, or were back at the "celebrity" booths.

The second table I went to was Joe Rubinstein. He was another creator I met at a prior convention, but for funding constraints at that time, I was unable to get everything signed.

Joe Rubinstein

Mr. Rubinstein was one of the most common reoccurring inkers during the symbiote run of Spider-Man, regardless of the title. While I was able to get a lot of these issues signed at Galaxy Con Richmond 2023, again, funds weren't in my favor. Decisions had to be made, and fortunately, an opportunity arose to revisit his books.

Also signed by Jim Shooter,
and Rick Leonardi
at Big Lick NOVA 2023

Also signed by Jim Shooter
at Big Lick NOVA 2023

Also signed by Jim Shooter
at Big Lick NOVA 2023

Also signed by Jim Shooter
at Big Lick NOVA 2023

While he signed, specifically, the last issue of AMS above, Joe noted that Charles Vess was an artist that seemed to have stopped doing shows. As such, it was quite difficult to get his signature these days. Hearing this, I actually did something out of the ordinary for me. When I got home, I tracked down signed versions of the two issues in the symbiote story he did, and purchased them. I would have preferred to get them signed in person, but hey, sometimes that just isn't an option. The downside to this was that it was after the show, so I'm going to need to get those two issues resigned by the people who already did. Guess I need to track Mr. Rubinstein and Jim Shooter down again...

Signed by Charles Vess

Signed by Charles Vess

Moving on through my Joe Rubinstein autographs, we jump into Marvel Team-Up, and round it out with Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man Annual, and Web Of Spider-Man.

Also signed by Jim Shooter
at Big Lick NOVA 2023

Also signed by Jim Shooter
at Big Lick NOVA 2023

Also signed by Jim Shooter
at Big Lick NOVA 2023

Also signed by Jim Shooter
at Big Lick NOVA 2023

Also signed by Jim Shooter
at Big Lick NOVA 2023

Overall, my journey to get my symbiote story arc signed is coming along nicely. I'd say I'm about 1/3 of the way there for all the folks who had a hand in them, but truthfully I don't know that it will ever reach the point of 100%. I don't even know if all those folks are alive, let alone if they do conventions, or will in my area. But, it's been fun so far.

Joe Rubinstein: $15.00 per signature

That's where this one wraps up, but part 3 hits next week.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment