Baltimore Comic Con 2023: Part IV - Bob Hall, Bob Wiacek, and Bob McLeod


The exhaustion, hunger and sore feet weren't stopping me as I continued the rounds through Baltimore Comic Con 2023.

Bob Hall

I had a couple books for Bob Hall. Every time I glanced over to his table from another line, there was usually nobody there, which made it easy to stop by when reaching a moment in time of needing to go somewhere for signatures, but not necessarily wanting to pull out my map.

Marvel Team-Up 74 featuring the Not
Ready for Prime-Time Players, AKA
Saturday Night Live
Also signed by Chris Claremont at Galaxy Con 2023,
and Jim Shooter at Big Lick NOVA 2023

Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man 65
There is nothing special about this book

Much like my visit to Keith William's table, apparently I didn't get a photo of Bob Wiacek. Perhaps it was because I was tired. Perhaps it was because I was delivering a message for Alex Saviuk. I don't know. At this point in the day I didn't remember much. In fact, I can't even say with all honesty that I remember even paying the man for his autographs. I think I did, but in all honesty, I don't know.

Also signed by Jim Shooter at Big Lick 2022

Also signed by Jim Shooter at Big Lick 2023

If you recall from my post about Mr. Saviuk, he was very excited to hear that Mr. Wiacek was at the show, and asked me kindly if I would to let him know that he wanted to catch up with him. When I relayed this message, I learned from Bob that while he would very much so like to catch up with Alex that severe vision loss prevented him from going anywhere. He asked if I would relay to Alex to please come see him, so I did. I got my books signed, and went back to relay the message. Alex then let me do something I desperately needed to do. I used part of his table to get myself reorganized.


When preparing for Baltimore Comic Con 2023, I was actually surprised to find out just how many Spider-Man books Bob McLeod had contributed to. Far too many for me to get signed, that's for sure. I tried to edit myself, but even in doing so, he signed a lot for me.

Heck yeah I was going to get my whole run of the classic Kravin's Last Hunt story arc signed. Bob inked all six issues, which is rare that a single talent would work across multiple titles.

Also signed by Jim Shooter at Big Lick 2023

Also signed by Jim Shooter at Big Lick 2023

Also signed by Jim Shooter at Big Lick 2023

Also signed by Jim Shooter at Big Lick 2023

Also signed by Jim Shooter at Big Lick 2023

Also signed by Jim Shooter at Big Lick 2023

He also returned in 1992 to provide inks on the sequel one-shot, The Amazing Spider-Man: Soul of the Hunter.


Bob was also privy to provide the inks on The Amazing Spider-Man 298 and 299, which were the first two books in the series drawn by Todd McFarlane. Now that I type that, maybe I have it the wrong way. Perhaps it was McFarlane who was the privliged one to have a veteran inker work on his books.


I'll probably never get the opportunity to have McFarlane sign these.


Mr. McLeod also provided the inks on Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars issue 9...

Also signed by Jim Shooter at Big Lick 2023

...and the seminal issue to G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero. This book is one that surprises me how I keep digging it out to get more and more autographs on. I thought Larry Hama would be the only one, and was darn ecstatic just to have that.

Also signed by Larry Hama at Big Lick 2022,
and Jim Shooter at Big Lick 2023

I'm kicking myself for forgetting to have Bob Wiacek sign my Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars audio CD. I didn't even think of it while I was at his table, but at the same time, he was struggling so much to sign comics with his vision problems, that this one may have been too much for him with how small it is compared to a comic. His helper was literally putting two piece of cardboard spread apart to show him where to sign within, and putting his pen down for him in his hand. I genuinely felt bad for the guy, and even worse if did indeed not pay him.

Also signed by Jim Shooter at Big Lick 2023

And, on that sad note, that wraps up the autographs from these creators. Once again, for those of you searching Google for artist prices, each of these folks was charging $10.00 per item.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. I started collecting Web of Spider-Man when it first came out. The cover art was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely had a great series of covers when it first launched.

      Delete