Baltimore Comic Con 2023: Part III - Alex Saviuk, Howard Mackie, Howard Chaykin, and Keith Williams


The good times and autographs continued at Baltimore Comic Con 2023.

Alex Saviuk after signing my convention book

Alex Saviuk was a true pleasure to meet. He was so nice that I had no problem running a personal errand for him to deliver a message, and returning back to him with said answer - More on that in a moment.

I actually had quite a few books that I initially wanted signed by him, but when I found that his rates weren't the $5.00 per book I initially researched (a common problem I found), I had to edit myself. While I ended up getting six books signed by him, four of them were duel signed, as you'll see below.

The Amazing Spider-Man
Aim Toothpaste give away

Now that I have this Aim Toothpaste promo, I'm hoping to get it signed by Jim Shooter at Big Lick NOVA 2024. Apparently, and per Jim, he's been invited to attend all Big Lick shows. So, hopefully he'll be there. Of course, Mr. Shooter and I also have to have a discussion about the $200.00 he owes me if he isn't going to deliver on the sketch I purchased and paid for at NOVA 2023. I get it. The guy's busy, but he's not even responding to my e-mails acknowledging that he hasn't delivered on the drawing, or when he plans to.

Web of Spider-Man 70
First appearance of Spider-Hulk

But first, as I said, I ran an errand for Mr. Saviuk. When he heard my next stop was Bob Wiacek's table, he was openly surprised to hear he was at the show. I told him what table number, showed him on the map, and then delivered a message to Mr. Wiacek that Alex was very interested in catching up with him. I then returned with Bob's own message, more on that in another post.

Howard Mackie signing my convention book

Howard Mackie was sharing a booth with Terry Kavanagh, but unfortunately, the only thing I had for Mr. Kavanagh was my convention book, which he was still happy to sign. Mr. Mackie, on the other hand, signed my first and second prints of Web of Spider-Man 90, the first appearance of Spider-Man 2099 (on a fold out poster inside).

Howard Chaykin

Additionally, Howard Chaykin signed these issues for me, as he too worked on them.

Also signed by Rick Leonardi at Big Lick NOVA 2023

Also signed by Rick Leonardi at Big Lick NOVA 2023

Also signed by Rick Leonardi at Big Lick NOVA 2023

Also signed by Rick Leonardi at Big Lick NOVA 2023

Though there's nothing special about Web of Spider-Man 10, I really dig the artwork, so I decided to get that one signed as well.


Keith Williams seemed genuinely appreciative of the folks who stopped by his table to get autographs, and I'm kicking myself for not getting a photo of him. Needless to say, the timeline of table stops above didn't happen in that specific order, and by this time in the day, my brain and body was done. I could barely stay coordinated and organized, so taking pictures wasn't at the forefront of my mind.

1st appearance of Tombstone

1st appearance of Demogoblin

Of course I rounded out each table visit with an autograph to my convention book, but that post is going to wrap everything up when we get there.

For those of you searching the internet for autograph pricing, all of these creators were charging $10.00 each for signatures.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment