Baltimore Comic Con 2023: Part II - Jon Bogdanove, Judy Bogdanove, Louise Simonson And Walter Simonson


Let the autographs begin!

Walter and Louise Simonson

These were tough autographs to get. Every time I came to their table the line was either already cut off for a break that was coming up, or in the case of Jon Bogdanove, he was in the middle of a commission - More on that in a moment.

These weren't my first autographs to get, and by the time I did, I was so tired, my binders were disorganized, I was hungry, I was dehydrated, and my feet were killing me. However, the tried and true lessons that you learn as a child ring true, even when one is at the point of exhaustion.

While Mrs. Simonson was still signing autographs, her husband was finalizing three remarks (headshot drawings on books) for people, and then the two were leaving for the day. As Louise signed my books, I said to her, "I really hate to be that guy..." she was then interrupted, and had to go pose for a photo. When she came back, I smiled, and politely said again, "I really hate to be that guy, and I know your husband is cut off for the day, but do you think he would at least sign my convention book?" She responded, "If you want to get in the back of the line, I'll make sure he signs it before we leave.

In hindsight, I'm kicking myself for not getting my Web of Spider-Man issue one signed by Mrs. Simonson. It was in one of my binders. But again, I was so spent at this point, that thinking wasn't my strong suit. I would also later find out that between Galaxy Con Richmond, and Baltimore Comic Con, I totally missed two of the prologue books in the Death of Superman series. So, neither of those are signed. I do hope an opportunity arises to rectify these oversights.

In conjunction with the Simonsons, I stopped at Jon and Judy Bogdanove's table.

Jon and Judy Bogdanove...They're so in love!

Jon Bogdanove is a man dedicated to his craft. I had to get in his line three times, the last time waiting thirty minutes for he and his wife to come back before I finally got my stuff signed.

If you ask Jon for a sketch, he will oblige (for a fee of course), and he will do it on the spot...regardless of how many people are in his line. The first time I was in his line, this is what he was doing. After waiting thirty minutes, and getting a call from a buddy who was in another line elsewhere for me that he was nearing the front, I had to bail. When I returned, the line was cut off. Oh well...Third time was a charm.

Death of Superman Prologue
Doomsday's fists cameo
Also signed by Dan Jurgens and Brett Breeding
at Galaxy Con Richmond 2023

Death of Superman Prologue
Doomsday's fists cameo
Also signed by Dan Jurgens
at Galaxy Con Richmond 2023

Death of Superman
Doomsday's first full appearance
Also signed by Dan Jurgens
at Galaxy Con Richmond 2023

Death of Superman
Also signed by Dan Jurgens and Brett Breeding
at Galaxy Con Richmond 2023

Death of Superman
Also signed by Dan Jurgens
at Galaxy Con Richmond 2023

Death of Superman
Also signed by Dan Jurgens
at Galaxy Con Richmond 2023

Death of Superman
Also signed by Dan Jurgens
at Galaxy Con Richmond 2023

Death of Superman
Also signed by Dan Jurgens and Brett Breeding
at Galaxy Con Richmond 2023

Death of Superman
Polybagged variant
Also signed by Dan Jurgens and Brett Breeding
at Galaxy Con Richmond 2023

Return of Superman
Also signed by Dan Jurgens and Brett Breeding
at Galaxy Con Richmond 2023

Return of Superman
Polybagged variant
Also signed by Dan Jurgens and Brett Breeding
at Galaxy Con Richmond 2023

The Amazing Spider-Man: Adventures in Reading
Giant Foods give away

The Simonson's and Bogdonove's were so nice to their fans, and it was a pleasure meeting them. I look forward to them being at a future convention in my area so that I can get my remaining (missed) books signed. Hopefully that opportunity comes up, but if it doesn't, I'm very happy to have gotten signed what I did.

For those of you interested in rates, the Simonson's had a tip jar, which you could pay as little or as much as you liked. The Bogdanove's signed the first book free, and charged $5.00 for each additional.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

3 comments:

  1. Always amazed at your persistence. Very impressive. Rough guess - how many autographs on comic books do you have?

    ReplyDelete