Kellogg's Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies Cereal


In one of those rare moments, I work up really early this morning, and not only that, was really hungry. Perfect! This is the opportunity I needed to pop down to the kitchen and try a brand new cereal!

Oatmeal cookies, and to an extent, Little Debbie's brand of Creme Pies, isn't my favorite cookie of all time. But, in the grand scheme of things they're not terrible. But what really drew me to the box as I perused the cereal isles were those three little letters at the top right of the box. N-E-W! This was exactly what I was hoping to find. Something new.

The back of the box is jam packed with facts on the brand, and a fun little word search provides a momentary bit of fun. I mean, I assume it does. Being three in the morning, I didn't personally do this.

Cracking the box and bag open, a waft of cinnamon fills the immediate surrounding space. It smells almost like a cinnamon role. Now I will be honest, cinnamon isn't my spice of choice. I suppose it's okay in moderation, but it can certainly be overkill if the slightest bit of too much is added to anything.

As I picked a piece of the cereal up, I immediately noticed that it felt "dusty". I'm not sure what Kellogg's used to adhere the cinnamon to it, but it's not sugar. It's just some form of flavorless powder. The box claims this is "Creme Flavor", but it certainly doesn't add anything to the cereal.

Comparing it to the box, you can see there's a major discrepancy going on here. The pieces shown on the box are a rich brown, looking coated with cinnamon and sugar. However, the cereal itself is pale, almost sickly looking.

As a whole it's relatively flavorless. It tastes like a plain Cheetos with a hint of cinnamon. Worst of all, it has an awful after taste. Even as I type this, it lingers in the back of my throat. It reminds me of the Mandalorian Cereal I ate on Christmas morning. If I had to say something positive about it, the cereal didn't lose any of its crunch throughout the entire bowl. However, I don't think I'm going to make it through this box. It's not tasty.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

6 comments:

  1. At first I was going to say O M G! Amazing, but then I read the review. Sounds awful. I remember eating these in high school from the vending machine. Don't ever remember them being cinnamon flavored. What a scam. I had high hopes when I saw the title of your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was really hoping for something more oatmeal tasting. That would have been amazing. Pretty disappointed in this box.

      Delete
  2. What you got there is a box of pre flattened cinnamon toast crunch. I can't remember the last time I had a bowl of a novelty cereal or any sugary cereal for that matter. It's straight plain cheerios for me every morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it were on the level of CTC. That is one of my favorites.

      Delete
    2. I bought the Mandalorian Cereal a few months back as an impulse buy. I also have not had a "sugary junky" cereal in decades. It was meh. But the Baby Yoda on the packaging was really cute.

      Delete
    3. It's as if cereal companies are trying to hard to make them less and less sugary, but the end result is that they just taste awful.

      Delete