Retro Spins: Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch - Music For The People



I have a guilty pleasure in songs from this album. Specifically, Music For The People, Good Vibrations and Wildside. I've liked these tracks ever since the 90's, when I heard my brother pumping them through his speakers. However, I never actually got around to hearing the whole album. With Retro Spins visiting the 90's this year, I thought, why not.

This CD came into my possession during one of my many Timonium visits to see, CD Guy. As I've said in the past, that's actually not his name. I didn't actually expect to come across this album, nor was I actively looking for it. However, when I did, I nabbed it up quicker than quick and added it to my pile.

After hearing Music For The People, the album, again after all these years, I can fully understand why my brother only played the first three tracks mentioned above. It's not very good. In fact, I'm not even a fan of Wildside anymore after hearing it again. It has not aged well, and its message, while deep in 1991, is a little corny now.

Music For The People and Good Vibrations? Well, that's another story. Those two tracks are still pretty solid. Dope if you will. With that said, I won't be rushing to hear them again any time soon.

I can also understand why Mark Wahlberg has distanced himself from his Marky Mark persona and music. If this album was hot in the 90's, it hasn't aged well over time.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

Disclaimer: They Toy Box does not endorse or contribute to piracy. Retro Spins posts are intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. None of the music discussed here is available for sale, downloading or distribution.

2 comments: