Retro Spins: Rick Springfield - Working Class Dog



Ah, another Tuesday, another Retro Spins. Today I'm delving into soap opera star turned singer,always a teen heartthrob, Rick Springfield.

My knowledge of the singer essentially starts and stops with his iconic hit, Jessie's Girl. However, I know there are other songs he sang which I had heard. I just don't know what they are. As such, diving into his 1981 album, Working Class Dog, was not only a mystery, but a bit of anticipation.


Track one brought with it the unfamiliarity of Love Is Alright Tonight. Much like song's title says, it was alright. This led into Jessie's Girl, which ramped up my excitement to hear more. Unfortunately, that is where things kind of took a dive.

It wouldn't be until track five that I finally heard a song I knew, but had forgotten about. I've Done Everything For You was all too familiar, but in a funny way, only because I'd heard it on Alvin and the Chipmunks. I may like their version better, but I giggled at finding the original artist.

Now I won't say I necessarily heard anything bad from that point on. However, I also didn't hear anything that left me on the edge of my seat. Overall, Working Class Dog proved to be just okay. I certainly didn't hate on it, and I could see myself listening to more from Springfield in the near future.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

Disclaimer: They Toy Box does not endorse or contribute to piracy. Retro Spins posts are intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. None of the music discussed here is available for sale, downloading or distribution.

2 comments:

  1. My wife is a huge fan and I've seen him several times over the years. He still puts on a great show. But I'm also more familiar with his other hits.
    FYI I've Done Everything for You is a cover of a Sammy Hagar song ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was unaware it was a cover. Gonna have to check that out!

      Delete