Jay & Silent Bob Reboot


If I'm being honest, Jay & Silent Bob haven't been my thing since the 90's, back when I originally saw Clerks and Mallrats. After the duo got popular, mainstream, if you will, I lost interest. They were cool until everyone started talking about them. As such, both Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes have long since been irrelevant to me.

I think I vaguely remember the Jay & Silent Bob Reboot movie coming out, and no, I didn't bother watching it. Based on the reviews, it doesn't appear that I missed anything.

Awkward and unfunny in exceptionally long stretches, Reboot probably won't turn his diehard fans against him. But it's unlikely to win him any new converts either. - Ignatiy Vishnevetsky

A 3,000-mile drive that's almost entirely fueled by fan service...Smith basically just swings from cameo to cameo in the hopes that no one will care that his movie is short on actual scenes. - David Ehrlich

Ouch.


While rekindling my love for creating posts based on archiving toys, I came across this very short series of figures released by Diamond Select in 2019. The company only produced a figure based on Jay and Silent Bob, and I highly doubt they had any plans to expand beyond that.

Quality wise, they're on par with figures of the era. The package, however, seems bulky, and excessively large. Especially for what comes with each one. There is a ton of negative space in that bubble, and with no artwork behind it, it's rather dull, even ugly.

Though uncommon on secondary markets, there aren't too many buyers out there looking for these, or if there are, they aren't paying the asking prices. Still, I can't help but feel like these will eventually go the way of those Toy Biz video game figures. Wherein they sell for dirt cheap for years, and then suddenly explode in value. Maybe these will, maybe I'm wrong. I suppose time will tell.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, Reboot wasn't great. It seemed like it was trying too hard to make all the callbacks. J & SB Strike Back was much more fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have seen Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, but if I did, it wasn't memorable. Is that the one where they do drugs, curse, and then Silent Bob says a single line?

      Delete
    2. That's pretty much any of them lol Strike Back is the one where they road trip to Hollywood to stop a movie being made about them.

      Delete