Retro Spins: Scandal Featuring Patty Smyth - Warrior



What the heck is going on here as of late with the tunes? Getting some pretty big duds.

Scandal's Warrior album definitely hits a better note that the past two entries, but it's still doesn't leave me snapping my fingers or tapping my toes along to it. It's just okay and that's probably the most disappointing aspect about it.

It hits hard with its opening track, The Warrior, after that, it's not until songs five and six, Only The Young and All I Want, that I finally heard something which once again caught my attention. I added these two new tracks to my shuffle, but can't help but wonder if they'll just be another set of songs I'll be skipping past as they come up on my IPod.

At this point of my listening session, I went over to the weekly top forty pages to see if it was just me. I of course found The Warrior on that list. It was a no brainer and expected. However, I also found Hands Tied, which just so happened to have been track three on the album. I went back to it and listened to it again, thinking perhaps I just missed something the first time around. Nope. Still wasn't impressed.

The remainder of the album was spent with me listening to a few seconds of the remaining tracks and moving on. In the past, I would have pushed myself to tough through it from start to finish. These days, I won't do it. I've wasted a lot of time on songs I didn't like and I'm not going to do that anymore.

I'm admittedly getting really bummed out with the tunes as of late. I want so badly to hear something that knocks me back in my seat and makes me wonder what I was missing. Something like Thin Lizzy's 1976 album Jailbreak, which I just listened to for the first time the other day.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

4 comments:

  1. The Warrior was a good song even though they played it so damn much. Got tired of it, then liked it later on if it played on the classics. Don't know any of her other songs. Guess I won't be listening to it based on your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Warrior. That's the one they used as the theme song for Netflix's G.L.O.W., right?

    ReplyDelete