A Final Day Of Outings

 

Saturday wrapped up my planned outings for my birthday, and these series of adventures took me to Hershey, Pennsylvania with George of G.I. Jigsaw

Our first stop took us to the Hershey Action Figure and Toy Show. This was something that George found out about a week or two ago, and floated the idea of going my way. For me, it was the perfect ending to a week off, and I was all in.



Though there was certainly a large selection from multiple vendors, Star Wars and G.I. Joe were the biggest contenders for space. I dare say every booth had either or of these franchises in some form or fashion.









Of course, someone, or rather, multiple someones had Pops for sale.














There wasn't honestly anything on my want list when I came to the show, but when I saw one of the G.I. Joe vendors I did a lot of business with during my days at Timonium, I decided I'd peruse his wares.



If this box were in better condition, that Deluxe Set Nintendo would have been coming home with me.

My brother, who lives somewhat in the area, decided to meet us at the show. When we left, he said he had some gifts in his car for me, and offered to take us to lunch at Primanti Bros.

The place specializes in big sandwiches, and that's what all of us had after sharing a giant pretzel.


Are you freaking kidding me with the size of this thing?


I did my best, but finishing it wasn't in the cards for me.


My brother also gave me a wrapped box for my (belated) birthday, which inside had four smaller wrapped items.



Everything inside was something from my want list.


It's stupid how expensive this CD has gotten thanks to Stranger Things.


With these two games checked off my want list, there is only one final game I'm on the hunt for to complete my childhood collection of NES games.


I'm also still checking off issues between 1 and 99 of The Amazing Spider-Man. Though I have no plans to honestly obtain a full run of those numbers, I'll definitely try and get as many as I feasibly can. I'm not spending more than a hundred dollars on any single issue...anymore. There are just 49 more issues on my list, but I won't get but a few more before they're out of my price range.

From lunch, my brother invited us to join him at the Crossroads Antique Mall, which was about a mile away. With the afternoon open, we opted to join.


As was usually the case for me, the place was fun to walk around, but there wasn't anything there that I was personally interested in buying.


























These Batman figures were laughably overpriced.






From there George wanted to make a stop in Gettysburg, which we did, and on the way home we stopped at Gateway Candyland where we looked at all the fun candy, and got some ice cream.
















I opted for Play-Doh ice cream, which was a yellow colored vanilla base with blue and red sugar cookie bits. It was quite delicious and refreshing after being in the car for several hours throughout the entire day.

I snapped some quick photos of what I got from the show, as well as another of what my brother gave me, and now we're at this moment, where you've caught up with my current events.


These top photos are (again) the items I got from my brother for my birthday. Below are the four Tiger Force Joes I picked up from the toy show. Though Flint is missing his shotgun, I've got one on order, as well as a Tiger Force Bazooka, which is the last in the sub-series I don't have. There really aren't any Joe figures on my "want list", but if I'm out and about, and the mood strikes, there are always some from 1988 to 1994 that I'll consider.


For now though, this wraps up my birthday week. Monday, it's back to work.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

3 comments:

  1. Fun field trip. In retrospect there were a few items I should have purchased but didn't. They were either gone when I went back or I forgot, or I talked myself out of it. Oh well. The joys of a toy show.

    ReplyDelete