Retro Spins: The Breakfast Club



2018 was the year I saw the classic, The Breakfast Club, and I have to admit I laughed at the part where Emilio Estevez explained to everyone what he did to land himself in detention. However, at the same time, I had to pause because I came to the realization at how far our society has fallen that something such as taping someone's butt checks together in the 80's was majorly immoral / controversial, yet now is laughable to hear.

They were five teenage students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At seven a.m., they had nothing to say, but by four p.m., they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends.

John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring five of today's hottest young actors: Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald, and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess, and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club. - Back of the original VHS

Beyond the opening track, Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds, I'm not a fan of this soundtrack. It's not that it was terrible, but rather, it was boring. Really boring. Nothing grabbed my attention long enough to pay it much mind. In fact, I got so bored of it, I actually did other things to distract me while it was on. That's not good.

Really can't, and don't want to, say much more about this album, because I don't feel it's energy well spent to sit here and clack out one to two more paragraphs of how much I didn't enjoy it.

Suffice to say, for how classic the film was, I kind of expected more. Then again, in hind site, I can't honestly say the film was memorable for the music playing during it.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment