Planters Cheez Balls And Cheez Curls



Planters has given the general public a taste of nostalgia with the limited run of their Cheez Balls and Curls returning to markets in all their original canned goodness. Though they're being touted as Walmart and Amazon exclusives, I actually found these canisters at my local CVS while picking up some prescriptions.

While I remember popping my fair share of cans back in the day, I can't honestly say I remember their specific taste. However, I was still eager to take a trip down memory lane to see if something would spark my memory as I dove in.

Giving a sniff of each open can, there's definitely a strong smell of cheddar cheese within. The Balls seem to have the stronger scent out of the two.

Both are a nice bright orange color, definitely providing a delicious looking cheese based snack. Immediately after picking them up to place on the lid, I noticed a nice layer of cheese residue on my fingers.

With this much excess powder I was definitely anticipating a strong cheese flavor. While I got this at first, it dissipated fast, leaving nothing but a corn flavoring. It wasn't terrible, but it was disappointing that there was no longevity to the cheddar. To me, these were also a tad bit saltier than I prefer my "chip" based snacks to be. As I type this, I'm also noticing a pretty bad aftertaste in the back of my throat. I don't know if this is a result of the snacks themselves, or me being a bit under the weather.

Price wise, there's minimal value here. The canister of Curls is 4 ounces, while the Balls are only 2.75. Both were $2.99 a piece at CVS. Meanwhile, an 8 ounce bag of UTZ Cheese Curls and Balls was only $2.39 a piece. You're definitely paying for the nostalgia and Planters name on this one. While I don't mind doing it once, this isn't something I would continue to buy at this price point.

It was fun to try these again after a twelve year hiatus, but these aren't something I'm going to be stocking up on.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. WHOA!!! HOLLY CRAP! I'm gonna have to stop by CVS like now! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do hurry. The guy working there said what they got is all they're getting.

      Delete