Wow, What A Halloween!

 

I expected to it to be a normal Halloween. Make my pizzas, watch some television with my girl, and give out full bars of candy to the neighborhood kids, and for the most part, that's what it was.

For the television part, we watched some classic Halloween themed cartoons, see my prior post for some of them, and then wrapped up season one of Squid Game. We'd been watching this one for a few weeks, and wanted to save the last episode for Halloween night. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. 

The show ends on a great cliff hanger, which while it wouldn't be necessary by any means, leaves room for a second season. It's definitely gory, so it's by no means for the faint of heart. However, if you stick with it, a really great story unfolds.

Of them all, the final episode was the weakest, so in that regard, that was a bit of a disappointment. Overall though, really entertaining.

If you caught my "cool house" post, you know I came to Halloween locked and loaded with full bars. Over my past several years of living here, I've had kids that come specifically to me because they know they're going to get the royalty treatment for their trick or treating needs. While I thought I was prepared for this with seventy (plus) bars, I was dead wrong.

Trick or treating started at 6:00 PM in my neighborhood, and by 7:30 PM, I was down to five bars. Even when I turned my lights out, and shut the door, I still had kids knocking. I finally had to put up a sign that said, "Sorry, all out of candy...". I don't know where all these kids came from, but they were everywhere!

I felt really bad about running out of candy so early, but it unfortunately was what it was.

Speaking of feeling bad, I knew that the dog would be all bent out of shape to have so many kids coming to the door, and not being able to play. To help him with this, I made sure he got plenty of new toys to keep him occupied.

It didn't work. Once the door got busy, he had no interest in tearing apart squeaky toys.

Prior to the kids coming, I made my traditional Halloween taco and cheeseburger pizzas.


These are the perfect Halloween meal because they're quick, easy, and don't take a lot of time. Plus, they're delicious.

But, with all that said, that wrapped up my Halloween. A bit earlier than I expected, but if there's any consolation, I'd rather run out of candy than have a ton left over.

Happy Halloween, all! I hope your day was fun!

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

2 comments:

  1. You should have given the kids nachos, like the Progressive commercial with Baker Mayfield, the Cleveland Browns QB. We didn't buy candy until yesterday when we were coming home from a wedding. They didn't have "Halloween" candy bags out so I just bought a few bags of regular candy. Of which almost all is left over. Had seven trick or treaters. I guess I should start handing out full size bars. Two teenage boys did come by dressed as high school kids. I threw the candy in their backpacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely get popular fast when you have the full size bars. Plus, it just makes it so much fun to see the kid's faces light up when you hand them a full size bar. It blows their minds.

      Delete