Thundercats - Sword of Omens (LJN)



Thundercats - Sword of Omens
LJN
1985

Equally as fun as wielding Kenner's Han Solo Blaster was LJN's Sword of Omens - The legendary weapon of the Thundercats. With its battery operated light up feature, and overall great design, kids could spend hours whipping this thing back and forth!

Sadly, I never had one as a child to do so, but it has always been a number one on my "must get" list. Unfortunately, at $250.00 to $300.00 for a loose / working one, it's also one of those, "maybe later" items.


As I was typing this post up, I actually got lost for a few minutes, just staring at the picture here. This thing is plastic beauty from tip to handle. The packaging is perfect, and seriously, can I gush over the actual sword any more than I have?

This one is definitely on my list to get prior to the end of the year.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

6 comments:

  1. I loved Thundercats when I was growing up. I never had this Sword of Omens, but I did have one that was pretty cool. It was one piece grey plastic but it did not have a glowing Eye of Thundera. I played with that toy every time we went outside. I hope to find my old sword in my Mom's attic one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost had my hands on a Sword of Omens last weekend.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I had this one as a kid! Wish I still had it. Didn't treat it as well as I did most of my toys, though. Know those scenes where something would hit Lion-O and knock the sword away? Yeah, for some reason, I seem to recall doing a lot of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with it. Toys were meant to be played with. Some harder than others. In that, there are some sacrifices.

      Delete
  3. I have one of this, I'm from Mexico, still functional, your post open my eyes, unfortunately here in the facebook mexican toys groups, they say that the price is US$25.00

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These have dropped drastically in price since my post, but I don't know where anyone would find one for $25.00. The lowest I've seen them are around $100.00 and a lot of those are missing the battery cap at the bottom of the handle.

      Delete