A Recent Snow Day



When you wake up to...



Then have to deal with...


It's a sure bet it's going to be one of those days to hunker down and stay warm. This is what I woke up to on January 12th, 2019 as it snowed, snowed and snowed some more the entire day. With so much cold outside, I decided it was the perfect day to enjoy the warmth of a good meal and fun nostalgic times.

How did I achieve this? I made Thanksgiving!


Mashed potatoes and sausage / sage stuffing (both in and out of the turkey)...


Rolls and cornbread...


Slow cooked, ten hour gravy...


And of course, the main guest of honor, the turkey.


I was going to make corn, but quite honestly forgot to. With how much food there was, it didn't matter much.

And because it takes so long to cook a turkey with all the fixings, I entertained myself with four classic 80's animated movies and one from the 90's!








Delicious eats. Fantastic cartoons. Warm heat throughout the house. What's not to love? For as much as I hate snow, I sure do love a well spent snow day!

I suppose I could have also just slept the day away...


Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.