Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers (Galoob)



Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers
Galoob
1986

Tracking down Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers toys is kind of a pain. Just saying. They're really hard to come by, and the horses - Sheesh. Forget about it. You would think that a toy based on a cartoon that ran for sixty-five episodes would have toys that were a little more commonplace on secondary markets.

The cartoon ran in syndication from 1986 through 1989, and as we mentioned contained a total of sixty-five episodes. The series combined a sci-fi and western theme together, and is credited as being one of the first anime style animated shows to air in America. At the time, the series was considered quite revolutionary for its time.

To help build the momentum of the series, Galoob produced a small line of toys. Six figures, three horses, and one accessory rounded out the entire line of action figures. In addition, there were two toy guns produced for kids to run around and blast each other with. Unfortunately the line was not too successful, and was cancelled shortly thereafter.

Beyond that there's not much to say, so we'll finish this post off with what most of you are here to see; the photos.

 Captain Zachary*Shane "Goose" Gooseman*Walter "Doc" Hartford

 Captain Kidd*Lazarus Slade*Queen of the Crown

 Mel*Triton*Z-100

Zap Pack

6-Shooter Water Gun*Light & Sound Gun

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

6 comments:

  1. they were hard to find when they were new.This is one of the first toy line that I went after when I started collecting toys back in the mid 80'. I never completed the set but I remember find 2 of thee horses at Woolworth and begins super excited. I had a friend who's mom worked at Galoob and helped me get the full set of defenders of the earth but was no help at all on this line lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! A "man" on the inside to help out! That's always a nice connection to have.

      Delete
  2. I used to have five of these figures. I didn't get the Queen of the Crown. I should have got her but I usually ended up picking a MOTU or Visionaries figure instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, it's hard to frown at a good He-Man or Visionaries figure. Can't say I blame you.

      Delete