Retro Spins: Neneh Cherry - Raw Like Sushi

 

We always hang in a buffalo stance! But what the heck is that exactly?

To stand with your arms tightly crossed looking over to side at somebody. This comes from the pose struck by Bruce Smith of the Buffalo Bills in the late 1980's Usage: "RUN DMC often posed in a "Buffalo Stance"

Word! That's fresh!

Neneh Cherry didn't hit my radar until around 2005. It was around this period in time when I was compiling a variety of 80's playlists that a coworker of mine suggested that I add Buffalo Stance. After a bit of digging, I came across the track, and liked enough that it stuck with me from that point on as a must have, and I eventually tracked down a copy of the album, Raw Like Sushi.

I appreciate what the album was going for, but ultimately, it just wasn't my thing.Rap is not my main go to for tunes, and while I respect the groundwork that was 80's rap, it's never really appealed to me. If nothing else, I do get the track, Buffalo Stance, out of it, so it wasn't a complete loss. Plus, I didn't necessarily hear anything I didn't like. Overall, I just wouldn't play it again.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.


Disclaimer: They Toy Box does not endorse or contribute to piracy. Retro Spins posts are intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. None of the music discussed here is available for sale, downloading or distribution.

 

2 comments:

  1. Nenah Cherry - now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.... a long time.

    ReplyDelete