The Comic Book Shop



This weekend was great for toy outings. Well, in the Delaware and New Jersey areas anyway.

My first (of two stops), was at The Comic Book Shop in Wilmington, Delaware.


This place was massive! I don't think I've ever seen a comic shop which looked so large from the outside.

Inside blew me away! Wall to wall, floor to ceiling was packed, yet in a neatly organized way, all kinds of goodies. A real nice selection of both vintage and (somewhat) current. Take a tour!




I was so hoping that Falcon in the back was a vintage one, but it ended up being from the PotFII line.



Of course...Power of the Force II and Episode I figures. Good luck selling those.


This G.I. Joe counter got raided by me.


I don't know why, but I felt like their Transformers were really high in price, which was odd, because everything else seemed so low.



The first question I asked in the store was, "How much for Battlecat?" Sadly, it wasn't for sale.





Handlebar and Sandstorm almost made it home with me, but at the last minute I decided to pass on them. Handlebar was really yellowed, and Sandstorm had some kind of green bow tied around the inside of his leg joints, which I didn't feel like messing with in the long run.


I teetered back and forth on grabbing the Leonardo and Michelangelo figures from these pegs, but ended up leaving them there.








These loose Captain Power figures (on the left) would have been tempting...If they were complete.

This store was where my brother initially found the Kenner MovieView cassettes and "player", and I was hoping they would have the last two cassettes I was looking for. They unfortunately didn't. Still, this was a wonderful store to rummage trough. I definitely found a lot of fun stuff, and ended up buying a decent amount. Check out my new toys!

 Gung-Ho (V2)*Leatherneck*Tripwire*Frostbite

Four new Joe member figure to add to my slowly, but surely growing, G.I. Joe Collection. This now makes both V1 and 2 versions of Gung-Ho I own. Tripwire wasn't on my list of wants, but when I saw him out in the wild, I had to have him. I think the tipping point was seeing his three mines packed neatly in his backpack.

 Kirk*Scotty

No, I'm still not a Star Trek fan. However, a handful of the Mego 3 3/4 line figures are on my want list for a specific reason. That being, when my mom made me a birthday cake many, many, many moons ago, it featured my first set of Star Wars figures...and three random Star Trek ones - Kirk, Spock and Bones. As such, this line has a bit of sentimental value for me, and I wanted to pick those three figures up. I know, Scotty wasn't on that list, but hey, he's okay I guess. Now the onus was on me to find the rest of them. Sadly, The Comic Shop didn't have them.


My DC Super Heroes line is fanning out quite nicely. I now have five of them, and there are only six remaining in the series. However, I don't think I will pick up Penguin as I much prefer the Batman Returns version - Which I already have.

Question - Why is Lex Luthor's action feature to punch himself in the face? When you lock his arm in the down position, and push the button on his back, his fist literally flies up into his own face as seen in the package. Why would he do that? Doesn't sound like the great criminal mind of all time to me when you go around doing something that stupid.



I didn't need this Sorsha figure from Tonka's Willow line. What I actually needed was the horse stand for the one I already had. However, when I saw it out in the wild, I went ahead and just grabbed it, since I was doubtful I would ever just find the stand, and figures on ebay are listed really high. Oh well, now I have a mint condition one, and a stand-less leftover for trading.



I'm only one figure shy of completing the (action figure portion of the) series, and I honestly don't know that I'll ever bother because it's Willow with baby Elora Danan. I already have two versions of Willow from the series, the carded (opened of course) and mail-away (green shirt) versions. I don't really want to pay around $20.00 for another carded version with a tiny baby "accessory".


I won't be opening these figures until I get home, because I don't really have any place to put them, and don't want to loose any accessories. At least with the Joes, they each came in their own cases, so they're all secured.

Check back later this evening for my follow up post to my second location I stopped. If you thought The Comic Shop looked great, you haven't seen anything yet.

Click "HERE" to go back to the home page. For more posts related to this one, please click the labels below.

No comments:

Post a Comment